Sunday, May 24, 2015

Hate is a strong word, but I really really really don't like you.

It's true, I'm still alive.
A lot has been going in my world for the last few weeks and that's why I've been absent.  Major kudos to T for keeping things running and making a fucking amazing list of book blogs.  You are an angel for that. Thank you.
To everybody else, especially my readers, I need to apologize.  Sometimes life hits hard, fucking hard in the gut, and things happen.
Me?  I had to go under the knife for the first time in my life and it wasn't fun.  I am now one organ less than I was in March.  My uncle died and he was actually an uncle I liked.  And there's one more thing...

HATEMAIL

Oh yeah.  It happened.  Surprisingly it came through IABB's email a few weeks ago, right when things were turning shitty for me and I was in a tremendous amount of pain.  But it only made things worse.

My slogan in life is "DON'T BE AN ASSHAT".  Someone decided to do exactly that by attacking me via email and while I could share a screenshot of the email address, I won't do that.  Maybe it was a fake account used just for that purpose, maybe it wasn't.  I don't know.  But I do know one thing.

You, Sir/Madam, are an asshole.

It was with great courage that I hit the publish button on my book of short stories.  Sure, I knew not everyone would like it but that's a risk I took.  I didn't think it would become so controversial that someone would have to go out of their way to tell me I shouldn't be a writer.

I'm sorry you feel that way.  So what if I write about ghosts having sex with authors and threesomes between cat-shifters?  Why the hell is that any of your business?  Why do you care at all?

The great thing about being a writer, as I have been told countless times, is we get to write about whatever the fuck we want to.  I did exactly that.

I'll admit you almost had me.  I almost quit.  The stories I've been working on for the last few months have been on standby since receiving your hate-filled little message.  But you know what?

You didn't stop me completely.  In fact, I'm still writing on that M/M story you despised so much.  I'm taking it you follow my fanpage if you knew about that.

And I'm also working on a story about a barely legal babysitter and the much older father of the little kid she babysits.

I sincerely hope it pisses you off.

You want to be disgusted with me?  Fine.
You want to tell me I can't write?  Fine.
You want to break my spirit and tell me I can't do it?

I don't think so.

I just needed to get that off my chest.
Thanks for reading.

-G.

No comments:

Post a Comment